This website is run by Norton Lindsey Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website?
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- some older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software, and some are missing titles and alt text
- some title attributes are missing
- there are some hidden elements containing focusable content that are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- some links are missing the underline style attribute
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording, etc, contact the Clerk on:
Telephone: 01926 843534
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 14 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact:
Norton Lindsey Parish Council
7 Brick Kiln Close, Norton Lindsey, Warwick, CV35 8DL
Telephone: 01926 843534
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Norton Lindsey Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Many of our older PDFs and Word documents do not meet accessibility standards, for example:
- they may not be structured so they’re accessible to a screen reader. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2.
- some are missing titles. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.4.2.
- some of the images included are missing alt text. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1.
- some are not tagged to be accessible by screen readers. This does not meet WCAG success criterion 1.3.1.
- There are some hidden elements containing focusable content which are unable to be voiced by a screen reader. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.3.1.
- Some title attributes are missing. Without a title some screen readers read out the frame filename, which is usually meaningless. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.4.1.
- alt text consisting of punctuation charactersSome alt text within the WordPress website theme source code consists of punctuation characters which we are unable to alter. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1.
- A link in the sidebar menu has the underline style attribute missing, which makes it difficult for colour-blind users to see it. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.4.1.
We intend to correct these issues, where possible, by December 2023.
At the present time, we have not identified any specific issues that would be of disproportionate burden.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
Some of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our services. For example, our meeting agendas and minutes are provided in PDF, and forms published as Word documents. By September 2022, where possible we plan to either fix these or replace them with accessible HTML pages.
Some of our PDF documents are scanned, such as the Annual Governance and Accountability Returns, and these do not comply with the Accessibility Regulations 2018.
Some of the PDF documents on our website have been provided by third parties and we have no control over these documents.
We will endeavour to provide the information in these documents in an alternative format on request.
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. For example, we do not plan to fix archived meeting minutes that were published before September 2018. However, if any archived minutes are requested, we will endeavour to provide them in an accessible PDF.
Unless scanned, any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 20 October 2022. It was last reviewed on 15 September 2021.
This website was last tested on 19 October 2022. The test was carried out in house by Norton Lindsey Parish Council using WebAIM WAVE website accessibility evaluation tool.